Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Is it summer yet?

So, as I mentioned in my last post, I'm already thinking about next summer. Why, you ask? Three words: Scandinavian. Hjemkomst. Festival. Yep, it's already time to start thinking about the 2009 festival and all the cool things that are going on. In the 8 or 9 years that I've been with Sons of Norway I've had the pleasure of traveling to a lot of different events and I must say that next to Nork Høstfest this is one of my absolute favorites. I suppose it helps that I spent about 13 years living in Fargo as a kid, so its like old home week. But I digress.

There's always something new and cool happening, the folks that run the festival are very nice and the attendees are great. All reasons why we decided to become the top-level Festival Sponsor for 2007-2009. This next year is definitely going to be awesome. We had a meeting with the festival director recently and she showed us what the upcoming theme is going to be. I wish I could tell you about it, but I'm not sure if Hjemkomst is ready to debut it yet (there's nothing on their website about so far) so I'll have to hold off for now. I will say this, though, I'm really excited about it because I think the festival has a great opportunity to tap into the youth if the Red River Valley this time. If you live in ND, SD, IA, or MN I definitely suggest you make plans to visit the 2009 Hjemkomst Festival. You won't be dissapointed.

No comments: