Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Norwegian Christmas

With tonight being Christmas Eve many families use this time to do something together. I know mine sure does, so in that vein I've got some great places for you to check out if you're looking for something to do tonight.

First of all, Sons of Norway members can check out our Information Banks, where we have a couple great items on Christmas in Norway and, for those who like to sing, Norwegian Christmas Carols.

But for those of us who live in the north with the cold and snow, there are other things you can stay inside and do. How about some last minute decorations? Click here to learn how to make Norwegian Christmas baskets for your tree. Or, if you feel like doing some baking tonight, why not try making some krumkake with a traditional recipe?

There's so much a family can do and that's the best part, I think; being with family and loved ones.

Alright everybody, have a merry Christmas and we'll go back to blogging about winter and the New Year on Friday.

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Thank you for posting the links in your blog post. I may have to add a few Norwegian recipes to the mix. I love the cookie cones. And the baskets are too cute. May you have a very special Christmas with your family. God jul!

Erik Evans said...

Thanks, Debbie, I sure did. I hope your Christmas was wonderful, too!