Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ski for Light: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I truly believe the old adage of a picture being worth a thousand words. Because this week is all about Ski for Light and what a wonderful program it is, I'll be going out on the web and finding images that I think tell the Ski for Light story very well. For starters, here we have a photo of a skier and guide finishing a 10k trek.

Carole Soule and Yolanda Mathews

The smiles on these skiers' faces, as they complete the 10k trek captures a side of the Ski for Light story that I would have great trouble conveying to you with nothing but text. To me, the raised arm seen here is the most fitting pose because it really helps us understand that this is an event about overcoming adversity; a time of triumph triumph, if you will. To me, this photo embodies the SFL motto of "If I can do this, I can do anything!"

Keep checking back for more photos later.

No comments: